*** Race Updates:
October 22: We are excited to announce that a Virtual Category has been added as an option for runners this year. The in-person event remains unchanged and will proceed on October 30 as planned under Provincial Health Office’s guidelines for the Eastern Fraser Valley (as per update on Oct 1). Run any 10km or 21.1km course between Oct 31 and Nov 6. Submit your time via email to email@example.com to be included in official race results ‘Virtual Category’. All virtual participants will receive a finisher medal, race t-shirt and race package and will qualify for draw prizes. Race packages and medals for virtual runners can be picked up after November 7 at Garrison Running Co.
October 1: To be in compliance with the Provincial Health Office’s updated order, all racers and volunteers (over the age of 12) will need to produce a digital proof of double vaccination and photo identification to participate. As per the health order, paper proof of vaccination (the card received at the time of vaccination) is no longer be accepted.
LOOP THE VEDDER 2021
We are excited to announce we are moving forward with plans for Loop the Vedder on October 30th, 2021! ***New: virtual option Oct 31-Nov 6.
We were humbled by your participation, support and feedback after an amazing physically distanced race last fall. It was an experience like no other, but as you can imagine we are looking forward to a return to a more traditional race format! We’re back on the planning wagon and are optimistic that this year’s event may bring us back together again. We look forward to once again welcoming you across the finish line and will continue to plan accordingly as we move through the next few months.
Date: In-person: Sat 30 oct 2021 Virtual: oct 31 – nov 6
Distance: 21km | 10km | Kids Run
Get off the road and hit the trails! This scenic loop course boasts a fast and flat gravel terrain and winding single-track sections. Set along the majestic Vedder River in Chilliwack, BC, this fantastic half marathon loop is characterized by the breathtaking backdrop of the Chilliwack River Valley and views of Vedder Mountain and the Cascade Mountain Range.
A local favourite, the Vedder Rotary Trail is sure to give road and trail runners of all ages and abilities a fun, yet challenging and uniquely rewarding off road trail experience.
Thanks for putting on such a great race once again, especially during these times. Well done!
What a beautiful day for a run!! My body was happy I only did the 10km, but it was amazing. Thanks to all the volunteers and staff who put this on. It was very safe as we all social distanced and there were no concerns.
This was really well organized, friendly, fun, and SAFE!! Thank you so much for figuring out such a great system. Side benefit for night owls like me was the afternoon start time!
It was a great day! Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful race with all the safety protocols in place. And the weather was PERFECT!
This was a fantastically well run, safe event, thank you so much for putting in all of the effort and giving us the opportunity to run! What a beautiful place to have a race and the volunteers were amazing!
- Date: Saturday October 30, 2021
- Distances: 21km, 10km, 1km Kids Run
- Start times: 21km – 9.00am, 10km 9.30am, Kids Run 9.45am
- Start times subject to change based on health and safety guidelines at the time.
- Start/Finish area: Vedder Bridge Green Space, Corner of Petawawa Road & Vedder Road, Chilliwack.
- Registration will open June 30, 2021 at 7.00am PST.
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Participant insurance
- Friday, October 29 – 12pm to 6pm.
- Package pick-up at Garrison Running Co.- 45590 Market Way, Unit 2, Chilliwack
- Saturday October 30 – 7.45-8.45am.
- Race day package pick up will be available, but we ask that anyone local who is able to pick up their package on Friday – PLEASE DO SO.
- You must pick up your race package in person as vaccine passport and identification is required. No one will be able to pick up your race package for you. NO EXCEPTIONS. Thanks for your understanding.
- Health and safety guidelines will be in place. When attending package pickup please adhere to the following:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID19, please stay home.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, please use it.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all times.
- Masks may be required, be prepared with one.
Aid Stations: To reduce contact and enhance safety of runners and volunteers, it is encouraged that the route be treated as self-supported. There will be a total of three contactless emergency aid stations along the 21km route and one aid station for the 10k at the turnaround. Items at the aid stations will include water, packaged energy gels and/or other packaged energy snacks, and first aid items.
- Recommended parking can be found at Vedder Park in the paved lot or the extension gravel lot on the West side of Vedder Park.
- Overflow parking is available at the UFV parking lot accessed from Vimy Avenue. NOTE: UFV parking is pay parking.
- Please allow yourself enough time to walk to the start line.
There will be a 1km Kids Fun Run starting at 9.45am. Kids will receive a race bib and souvenir medal. No registration is required.
Half Marathon Route
Starting at Vedder Park on the north side of the river, a pacer will lead you around approximately a 700m loop to the Vedder Rotary Trail. Once on the trail head you will travel north along the Vedder River through to the Blue Heron Nature Reserve and out onto the river dyke trail, where spectacular farm land views and mountain vistas abound. Crossing the river at the Keith Wilson bridge (via the cloverleaf underpasses) takes you to the south side dyke and into the quaint riverside village of Yarrow. As you continue through single track woods along the river bank and Brown Creek Wetlands, you will come to valley views across the river of Mt Cheam and the Cascade Mountain Range. A short, but steep climb brings you back in view of Vedder Bridge and the finish line across the river.
PLEASE NOTE: The half marathon route is amended for 2021. The 700m field loop will be lead by a pacer from the start rather than being completed at the end of the 21k route. Please familiarize yourself with the route by clicking the map to the left.
From Vedder Park, a pacer will lead you around the approximately 700m field loop and out onto the Vedder Rotary Trail. Running west along the river towards the 3k marker at Lickman Road, you will continue on the main Vedder trail through to the aid station after the wooden bridge at Peach Creek Trail. This is where the 10k and half marathon route split.
Volunteers will direct you back along the Peach Creek section of trail. You will cross back to the main Rotary Trail after Lickman Road (parking lot) for your return trip to Vedder Park. You will finish the route heading back with stunning views into the Chilliwack River Valley and surrounding mountains. At Vedder bridge, head off the trail to the left for the direct approach to the finish line.
PLEASE NOTE: The 10k route is amended from the 2020 staggered start route. The field loop will be lead by a pacer from the start of the race rather than being completed at the end of the 10k route. Also note, all runners will follow the main Rotary trail past Lickman Road parking area. The 10k route will then loop to return via Peach Creek to Lickman Road. Please familiarize yourself with the route by clicking the map to the left.